We are DMP, the Dhudiya Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in the word. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for entering and maintaining record royalty rates for the applicable royalty recipient and rendering record royalty statements for the Group’s record label clients. The candidate will analyze output from the various royalty and financial systems to respond to questions and communicate results to internal and external departments and clients, while also supervising one Senior Royalty Analyst and five Royalty Analysts.
Here you’ll get to:
- Review and analyze recording agreements, producer agreements and other similar agreements (and any corresponding deal summaries or deal memos) for the purpose of identifying and summarizing the applicable royalty rates, related terms and payee information for a given record or recording and then enter those terms into DMG’s artist royalty system;
- Analyze output from the various royalty systems to respond to questions and communicate results to DMG Labels Business Affairs Departments;
- Perform Fund Calculations for Business Affairs based on Artist contractual language; supervise team members’ Fund Calculations;
- Perform Recoupment analyses for 3rd party recipients; supervise team members’ Recoupment analyses;
- Assist with DMG’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes as needed by responding to information requests from DMG’s Corporate and Royalty Finance Departments and the Finance Departments of DMG’s Indian and other Record Labels;
- Create and maintain royalty accounts information for royalty recipients in DMG’s artist royalty system, including by updating the recipient’s contact information and tax identification numbers as needed;
- Link individual record products to the applicable contractual terms as they have been set-up in DMG’s artist royalty system in a timely manner;
- Perform and review adjustments to existing royalty rate set-ups in DMG’s artist royalty system, as needed;
- Process and review semi annual, quarterly and monthly artist royalty statements to ensure the accuracy of both the royalty rates applied and the underlying earnings on which royalties are being paid;
- Ensure that artist royalty statements are issued in a timely manner;
- Supervise one Senior Royalty Analyst and five Royalty Analysts.
- Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department’s role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team’s senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office’s Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office’s Access application is strongly preferred, but not required;.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
- Meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
- Ability to manage a team of six members.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience working in a position or positions involving the administration and analysis of royalties.
- Candidate should be prepared to work overtime toward the end of each quarterly royalty statement cycle; candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with these deadlines, so that their absences do not interfere with their ability to meet royalty statement deadlines.
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!